Week 6! I can't believe it's already been 6 weeks together! This week we are moving along to the next chunk of Scripture to study!
Read 1 John 1:5-10 in your bible, then on your double spaced copy (which you can find all ready to print in our Facebook group!) do the following:
- Draw a box around repeated words.
- Draw a circle around transition words and draw an arrow connecting them to their concluding thoughts.
- Highlight or underline words you don't know and define them in the margin.
- Answer the following questions:
- Are there repeated words? (Let me answer that one with a big fat YES for ya!) Make a list of the words and ideas that are repeated. Why do you think there is so much repetition in this section? What greater purpose could all this repetition serve?
- What are the major themes emphasized in this chunk of Scripture?
- What questions do you have? What is confusing or unclear? (without consulting any of the study notes or commentary first) Write our your questions.
Use a study bible and commentary to help address your questions. Then as much as you can, paraphrase this passage into your own words. It doesn't have to be perfectly detailed paraphrase, just write down your translation of what this passage says.